Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Rollercoaster Continues...

I've been back in New Zealand five months and I'm still trying to get a permanent job.  This wasn't in the plan and it's knocked me back both financially and emotionally.

It never crossed my mind when I left NZ last year that I wouldn't get a job on my return.

Memories of my trip, the kids, Bali and Vietnam flood my mind every day.  It's always the way isn't it, when you're in an experience you don't fully appreciate it until later when you look back.  Why is that?

Anyway, the first five months of 2012 have sucked and I'm just hoping the tide is turning.

I've moved to Tauranga and am really enjoying it.  It's got much better 'energy' than Wellington (for me) and the beach at Mount Maunganui is beautiful, as is the walk around the Mount.  I've had a bit of temping work but really need something more permanent as it's a tad stressful not knowing when your next paycheck is coming in!

My original plans for 2012 went completely down the toilet.  I haven't done the TESOL course and I'm not going to Bali June/July like planned (because I didn't get work).  I'm gutted it hasn't worked out. I'm missing the kids to much. I can't wait to see them again. All going well I'll get permanent work soon and I'll be able to save enough to go back in February or March next year.

I ended up doing a fantastic website design course for nine weeks (January-March) and loved every minute of it.  I now have a fab new website where I share all sorts of tasty morsels about inspiring people, health & wellbeing, travel and other things.  Check it out - http:\\www.soulcuisine.co.nz

I have actually registered for an online TESOL course and intend to start that in July. It's all good.  At least keeping busy the weeks will go quickly and I will be back in Bali and have Yogi and Ari to hug before I know it :-)

I've copied my blog into a photobook and am getting that printed soon.  Can't wait to see it in print.  It was such an amazing journey I wanted to keep it in solid form so I can flick through the pages and remember.  Having something tangible in your hands is so much nicer than looking at a cold computer screen.
So, that's my latest update.  Not very exciting I'm afraid.
Till next time xxx Paula


No comments:

Post a Comment